Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Sophie

Channing Sophia "Sophie" was born Saturday, March 13 in our home. She weighed in at 8 lbs. 6 oz. and 21 3/4" long.
She is a wonderful addition to our family. She fits right in! We like her. I think we'll keep her!

10 comments:

Mark and Stacey Roylance said...

she is BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats! How was the home birth compared to the hospital?!? i am very interested.....Hope all is well!!!

Joanie said...

Great post about our little CS Lewis! She is precious baby.

AND I love you blog background... so cute.

Shan said...

Don't you feel sad that you never have cute babies? You did your best and I guess she'll have to do :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations jessica! she is perfect! what a beautiful family! props to you for the home birth! no thank you! i think i was ruined by a c-section... oh wait, i am not brave enough to even think about it! you're fabulous like that! i love ya! you're awesome! congrats! i'll stop rambling! oh, and i love channing even though you aren't calling her that! i may steal it!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

YOU HAD HER AT HOME? Holy moley.

She is beautiful. Aren't babies a miracle? Amazing. Congratulations, I konw she will grow up to do great things and be an example to all.

Hillary said...

Ditto on Shans comment. To bad for you. All those babies are just pitifully beautiful.

I think having an 8lb 6 oz baby at home without any drugs is right up there with having an 11 pounder in the hospital with drugs. Its official, you are as tough as me.

Annalia said...

She is beautiful!

Sarah... said...

What a pretty little thing!! I'm so happy for all of you! It sounds like everything went well :) THRILLED to hear it. Congrats! And way to go, mom!!! You rock!

P.S. I'd like to know how the home birth compared to hospital birth to you too! If you have the time :)

Janice {Run Far} said...

wow. you are seriously amazing. I would be scared to death not to deliver in the Hopital. I am also not a huge fan of that kind of pain... push through a 26.2 marathon, triathlon, sure... but child birth drug free... no thanks. You are amazing.

Did Hillary really have an 11 pound baby? geesh.

kidquotes said...

Congratulations! We're so happy for you all! I've been waiting and watching the blog hoping to get a glance and she is so cute!
Yay, you're not pregnant anymore!