
Friday, May 21, 2010
Happy Birthday, Doug!

Just a few words about Doug. I love that guy. He is hard working, loving, good, honest and tall. (Hey, I like tall ones!) I think the most remarkable thing about him is not only that he loves me in spite of me, but the way he loves me. He has never, to my knowledge, said an unkind thing about me. In fact, I have been told by the people with whom he associates how he does talk about me. "Reverence" was a word that was used recently. He supports me in all my, shall we say, uniqueness. It can't be easy. He is an involved dad. He loves his kids with his whole heart. They love him, too. I'm getting weepy, so I think I'll stop now.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DOUG!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I love that Doug too. Happy Birthday Doug! Hope you got the card. Mumsie
What a wonderful thing to write about you sweet husband... he is definitely a keeper!
BTW I love the new photo on your blog banner.
FIrst of all, Happy B-day Doug. I am older but maybe not wiser that you. And second, why is it that boys (almost) NEVER smile in pictures. Who wouldn't smile holding that snuggle baby? Boys are so tough.
That Doug is great. Plus, I can't wait to squish that rolly-poly baby.
I remember when we were both getting engaged! Don't you feel so blessed that we ended up with such great guys!
btw - I need your addresss. I have a baby present for Sophie. Don't get excited. I didn't make it. :)
Post a Comment