Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Roxie's Big Day
I have many Fourth of July things to post, but first things first!
My Roxie has wanted her ears pierced ever since she discovered my earrings. She LOVES them. My rule has been that she has to be old enough to understand that it will hurt and still want it. Well, the begging began this morning.
"It hurts really bad," I told her. "Do you still want it?"
"YES!" she insisted.
I let her beg most of the day, reminding her every time that it would hurt really bad and that she would have to take very good care of them. It did not dissuade her.
So, off we went to the mall. The girl at the store was sweet as could be. First she drew dots on her ears to make sure they would be even.
Then, she and her friend each grabbed a gun and pierced both ears simultaneously. Not a tear was shed. There was a look of shock. (I decided not to take a picture of it. I think I felt too guilty. I did warn her though...) It was soon replaced with that light-up-the-room smile.
My Roxie has wanted her ears pierced ever since she discovered my earrings. She LOVES them. My rule has been that she has to be old enough to understand that it will hurt and still want it. Well, the begging began this morning.
"It hurts really bad," I told her. "Do you still want it?"
"YES!" she insisted.
I let her beg most of the day, reminding her every time that it would hurt really bad and that she would have to take very good care of them. It did not dissuade her.
So, off we went to the mall. The girl at the store was sweet as could be. First she drew dots on her ears to make sure they would be even.
Then, she and her friend each grabbed a gun and pierced both ears simultaneously. Not a tear was shed. There was a look of shock. (I decided not to take a picture of it. I think I felt too guilty. I did warn her though...) It was soon replaced with that light-up-the-room smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Ha! I told Lily the same thing when she asked. And that was the end of that. Way to go, Roxie! They're adorable!
What a brave girl! Love you, Roxie!
Well, I am sooo proud of you Roxie for being so brave. They are very pretty! I love you, Mumsie
Uh oh! If she is willing as a toddler/preschooler to pay the price of beauty . . . watch out!
She does look adorable, though!!
Mostly (because I'm a mess these days, I think) that sweet, brave girl made me bawl a tiny bit. I couldn't love her more, I'm pretty sure.
Post a Comment