Today, for Arbor day, Red Butte Garden had a free day (plus, they gave us trees, so if anyone wants one... I don't think we have room for 3 Oak trees in our yard). I met my sister and her little girls there for a fun day. Most of the flowers were not in bloom, but the daffodils were. Now I want to plant millions of daffodils for next spring. (Photo by Christian)

Roxie has a cousin only six months older than she is. They wanted to hold hands most of the time. I thought they were the cutest things I ever saw:

The kids found a "shortcut" trail through what Christian called "the forest." I thought it was lovely.

I made a new friend. Her name was Madam. She let me take her picture:

Check out these trees. I felt like I was in a scene from
Anne of Green Gables. Well, almost. It was so pretty I wanted to give it a fancy name like Anne Shirley always did.

We found a tepee and squished all the kids inside for a photo. How cute are they?

And here is the moral of the day (it might be my favorite moral ever):

Yea, Arbor Day!
4 comments:
I always want to plant tulips and daff's in the spring when they are in bloom, by the time fall comes I've lost my oomph. Love the hand holding and the shortcut through the forest and the worming.
Warning. Do NOT plant the trees too close to the house like we did. The acorns will clog your drains.
If you look at that photo of Rox and Lil holding hands, you may think Rox is realated to Tian the way she is holing her pants on her bum.
I love your White Way of Delight photo. Lovely photos throughout. And about daffodils... yes, very happy and they just keep coming back. Plant them this fall.
I love little people holding hands, and old people too for that matter.
Post a Comment