Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Doug!

Yesterday was Doug's birthday. The poor guy had to work, though. From about 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. So there wasn't much partying going on. But, we had tostadas for dinner at his request, and although this normally isn't allowed, we ate them in front of the TV. It was, after all, the first night of So You Think You Can Dance. 

Roxie fell asleep on the floor mid-bite. Poor girl. Bless her tiny tired heart.

We had whole wheat chocolate cake. (I had to edit the recipe some. If you want to know what I did, you can ask me.) It was lovely. Party animals aren't we?

So, here's to the birthday boy. He is a wonderful daddy and a marvelous husband. He takes good care of us. And he made me garden boxes. Did I mention that? Plus, he is kind and good and I love him lots. Plus, I think he's cute. Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Joanie said...

Jess, What a sweet post about your sweetie? Love you all...
Grammie

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Happy Birthday to the whole wheat cake chocolate eating man.

Hillary said...

I could eat anything that had that much frosting on it. I bet it was DELISH.

Hippo Birdy two EWE, Mr. Douglas