Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How Many Sophies?

We have an interesting situation here. The sweet baby we are expecting is to be named Sophie. Roxie has been insisting for the past few months that she has a Sophie in her belly, too. Her Sophie "moves" and makes her belly big, just like mine. She informs us that after my Sophie comes out, hers will make a little hole in her belly, climb out, and close the hole back up. Quite the imagination! Only now it's getting a little more serious. She wants me to go shopping and buy her Sophie new clothes. And she has started praying for both "Mommy's Sophie" and "my Sophie." Roxie's grandmothers are getting concerned. They think she may become quite upset when her Sophie never does come out. I think she'll be so thrilled about the real Sophie that she won't even care about her Sophie. After all, I'm pretty sure she thinks she is just participating in a big joke. I don't think she thinks there is even one real Sophie. But, just in case, I've been calling the baby doll Roxie got for Christmas "your Sophie." I sure hope it all works out!

3 comments:

Annalia said...

Are you naming your baby Sophie?

Tracie said...

Lina (my 3 year old) still pretends she has a baby in her tummy - sticking it out and making the baby "move" and everything. I think Roxie will be fine, the worst that would happen is you'd have to explain to her that her sophie won't come until she is grown up like mommy. Kids are too funny though - I love her take on the birth process, wish it really worked thay way!

Shan said...

I think you are prolly right...once Rox sees the real one she'll be too thrilled to bother with her Sophie.