Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thankfuls #22-27

I have been so busy this week visiting with my mom, holding new tiny Ellie, shopping for Thanksgiving, cleaning for Thanksgiving, running other errands, plus feeling yuck, that I haven't had time to breathe let alone blog. So, I'm going to lump all of these thankfuls together in one blog. I'll make it somewhat short, too.

#22: I am thankful for Jesus Christ, for His sacrifice, for the Atonement and for the scriptures and prophets that testify of Him. I could make this very long, but I won't today. I love Him. I want to be more like Him.

#23: I am thankful for the Holy Ghost. What an amazing gift that we take so often for granted. I am grateful to have this extra helper in being a wife, mom, friend, daughter, sister, and in being myself. I am thankful for the comfort that comes during hard times and the peace and joy that comes during not-so-hard times.

#24: I am thankful for laughter. My kids make me laugh the most. One day recently, I was doing some math in my head (I was just fine, by the way) and Christian yelled, "ASHTON!" I said, "Christian, I can do this. Who do you think taught her how to do math?" Ashton nodded. Christian looked at me like I was fresh off the turnip truck. "Yeah," he said, "but her brain isn't all screwed up like yours." Thank you. I love laughing and I don't do it nearly enough, but those kids sure help.

#25: I am thankful for healthy foods. I know. I'm weird. Don't think I don't hear it all the time. Someone who just met me just about fell of her chair when she heard about how I eat. Wow. I don't think she even knows about homeschool or my other weirdnesses... But I digress... Anyway, I had this client once - well for about 9 years - who was very into healthy stuff long before I was. I remember her telling me that when she changed the way she ate, she became so much more grateful for her food. Probably because she was eating things that came out of the ground and not out of some factory. Ever since I changed the way I ate and started studying herbs/food more, I have become increasingly more grateful for my food in a whole new way. How kind of our Heavenly Father to create exactly what our bodies need and make it just grow in our yards (I know, I'm not very good at that part yet!). I could go on and on on this subject, as with the others, but I'll stop now.

#26: I had Thanksgiving dinner at my house this year. Most of my side of the family was there. It was lovely. Dinner was good. Company was good. My cutie mom made a fishing game for the kids. They threw a "fishing rod" over the ledge and she stood on the stairs below sending up presents for all of her grandkids. She also bought all the tiny girls matching princess shirts. Here are a few pictures.
#27: I am thankful for my sister whom we affectionately call Panda. I love my other siblings, too, but today I am grateful for funny Panda. She makes me laugh. She has been making Sophie (she is the one in my belly, in case you missed that somewhere) a blanket. Yesterday, I got an email informing me that she got tired of making it so WALL-E is finishing it for me. I love that girl.

2 comments:

APete said...

I love you, too. And I wish I had been able to be at Thanksgiving. Miss you!

Hillary said...

That Panda is a good sister to have. Even if sometimes I don't remember her real actual name.